Contenders now...Ruger P97, CZ97

For plinking my RugerP97 is really fun to shoot, shoots better than me. Don't know about defense though... but Hydrashok's seem to shoot best out of this gun. Informal target practice? well it made a really cool hole in this old hard drive I brought home from work one day, hehehehehe

good luck on finding a new pea shooter!

-Frank (the spank)

P97 works good for CCW. I carry mine on a daily basis.

------------------
"It is easier to get out of jail then it is a morgue"
Live long and defend yourself!
John 3:16

CZ-97. Rugers are a bit too clunky for me. They always seem way too big. Get the CZ-97 and tell me how good it feels/shoots so I can buy one myself.

Lesson from a subordinate in response to a question about which item he wanted: "Both."

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

If this gun is going to be for concealed carry go with the Ruger, as it is a lot lighter than the CZ. If it is going to be a house gun and trips to the range, go with whatever feels best.

I have the all steel EAA Witness 45 with the "wonder finish" which looks to me to be the same as the CZ97. It shoots great.
It takes a few loadings to get the mags broke in. I wouldn't like loading them with out my HKS mag loader. The gun is pretty heavy, and I wouldn't use if for a carry gun. But for target and plates, it's great. It shoots to point of aim and has a much better trigger than my Ruger P90.

------------------
Good shootin to ya
Plateshooter

Back