Contender Sights?

Cris

I recently purchased a 10" Contender barrel in .32 H&R Mag. This barrel came with a front sight but no rear sight. I would like to bring this barrel back to original condition with the proper sights. My question is which variation of the Contender sight fits this barrel? This barrel has the removable type front sight with a low front blade. The information I have says these barrels were produced between 1985 and 1990. Thanks in advance for all information.

Cris,

You've got a fairly recent barrel since the 32 H&R has only been around since 1985 or so. There shouldn't be any problem finding the correct rear sight for it. I've got a number of Contender barrels, the oldest from the early 70's, and they all take the same rear sight. Small details may be different, I've got at least 3 distinct styles, but they're all basically the same. It's the front sight height that varies from barrel to barrel and caliber to caliber.

First try contacting T/C's service dept, chances are they'll send you one for free, if not I doubt it'd be much over $20. If that don't work try some of the vendors from Graybeard's Links. -- Kernel

Back