Considering the new Colt Cobra

Drodney

Inactive
I was thinking about getting one of the new Colt Cobra snubbies. Anyone have any experience with them they would like to share?

Ditto to your interest in the latest Cobra model. I own a first and second issue Cobra. Both classics have aluminum frames. The new one is all "steel" of some sort. Hitchcock has a Youtube on the new Colt Cobra. He likes it !

.02. David. :)

See the gun in person before you buy. If you browse different forums, some have related issues of tool marks, gritty triggers, improper timing, etc.

Others, myself included, have had good luck with them. Mine has a very smooth DA trigger with a lighter pull than either my S&W Model 10 or Ruger GP100. SA trigger is excellent. Lock up is perfect. No issues with the finish, though critics will point out that the matte bead blast finish isn't anything like the old Colt blue or polished stainless, which of course, it isn't.

I've only had it out to the range once so far. Shot 100 rounds at 7 yards, shot to point of aim (158 gr. ammo), seems accurate enough.

I like mine a good bit. Smooth, light DA trigger pull at least as good as some Smith PC guns. I have never fired the gun in SA mode, so I cannot speak to that feature. I have approximately 700 rounds of factory 125 grain range ammo through the gun, and it has become a fairly regular carry for me, riding in a CrossBreed SuperTuck IWB holster. The finish is nothing to brag about, but that is the least of my personal concern in a "using" gun. POA=POI at 25 feet with the range ammo and the hollow-points I use for sel-defense.

BOARHUNTER

I’ve got one on the layaway and dry fired it a bunch at the LGS before deciding to get it. I cannot remember the exact trigger pull weights, wanna say it was around an 8# DA/4# SA. It points well, I love that I can actually get a full grip on it, as well as it having the six shot capability. I can’t say much more, but I did take a few pics of it beside a Glock 19 for comparison.

d772a4c1685e6ca5443603c02262c31b.jpg

3e7d8d07c5c3e922794218ba13021ef3.jpg

554714470474274e7e6ad7eae4ec86ba.jpg

I like the look of the Cobra, but went with the Kimber K6s. Better sights, better trigger, and .357 magnum capabilities.

I also looked at the Cobra and Kimber K6s. It was a no brainer. Better trigger, 357 magnum, and comfortable to shoot. Went with the Kimber. Found one lightly used at $685. Quite happy with it.. FWIW Grade6man

I can’t bring myself to buy new Colt stuff. They checked out of the regular consumer side a long time ago. Fired all their wheel gun gurus or they retired from what I heard. The new revolvers are shades of what they were. One of the reasons the company darn near went bankrupt. They forgot who regular Joes were and quit making us products.

I also looked at the Cobra and Kimber K6s.

I am hoping that either one of these revolvers will be made in an aluminum-alloy frame alternative someday. I prefer my edc guns to be as light weight as practical. It's hard to beat the original Cobra's 16 ounce weight and six-shot capacity.

Ledslngr, I have one of the last of the Pythons, a great gun and I am hoping this gun will come close to matching it. Maybe I will be disappointed but I am going to give a try.

Would love the Night Cobra..with an exposed hammer!!.. Im waiting for the .357 version to come out... IMO, the Cobra is a trial balloon to see if Colt can re-enter the revolver market... Seems like a great gun, and if it sells well, a .357 wont be far behind...just guessing...

Would love the Night Cobra..with an exposed hammer!!.. Im waiting for the .357 version to come out... IMO, the Cobra is a trial balloon to see if Colt can re-enter the revolver market... Seems like a great gun, and if it sells well, a .357 wont be far behind...just guessing...
Yeah Sturmpanzer I agree. I'm hoping to see a new python or anaconda announced sometime in the near future.

Back