Considering Rifle Basix Trigger

armednfree

I'm considering putting a Rifle Basix ERV3 Extended Range Varmint Trigger on my Remington 700 VLS 22-250. I've never used Rifle Basix triggers and would like some opinions.

I was thinking of running it at 8-9 OZ. I have a 9oz on my Winchester M70 284 and really like it, but it's a Jard trigger.

Of course these are range and varmint rifles. The 284 is monstrous with its 27" heavy barrel, not something you want to tote very far. I use it at 1000 yards.

The 22-250 is a varmint rifle, woodchucks. I never have it loaded until I'm ready to shoot. I run a round in the chamber after it's on its bipod or in bags but I leave the bolt unlocked until it's time to fire. All summer guns, no cold fingers here.

As one that does my own trigger work, i have not tried any aftermarket triggers.
I know a lot of Savage shooters seem to like the Rifle Basix triggers.
Seems the bigger makers are Timney and Jewel.
I run 2.5# triggers in my hunting rifles.
Wifes 110FP in 223 is set to 10 oz. Range gun only.

I'm satisfied enough with a Rifle Basix trigger on my Sav 110 in 25/06 to buy another for my back up. These aren't bench rest grade triggers but a significant improvement over OEM and safer than wanking around with "home gunsmith" trigger jobs.

Jard makes a set that I believe goes inside the Remington trigger housing. Those are interesting.

p_100001870_1.jpg

I have installed both Rifle Basix and Timney triggers in Remington 700s. Darned if I could tell any difference. I have a Rifle Basix trigger in my Savage 110. A vast improvement over the original.

I've installed them on a Winchester 70 and also a Savage 10. I'm really happy with them. I was leery at first, thinking that the lower cost must be a direct correlation to lower quality. Nope.

I've used Basix on savage and ruger but I always use Timney on Winchester and Remington. I've never used a rem drop-in basix on a remington but the basix stuff I've used is of good quality.

Rifle Basik are good triggers I have used them in Ruger and Savage. Consider the Triggertech it’s also a very good trigger for Remington I really like it in my Model 700 223. Jewel is top heap in Remington but are not cheap I have never bought one but lot of guys in club use them in Remingtons. I would look at Triggertech I also put one in my 7-08 they are a very good trigger.
Roc1

Back