Considering Eotec?

abraxian

I thought I would advise any prospective buyer of Eotec to consider my recent experience with their customer service. I have an Eotec 512 that I purchased about six yearsago. It recently failed to power up. i replaced the batteries and contacts. It will still not power up. I contacted Eotec and they said that because of the age of the sight they could not repair it and suggested I use their trade in service. I can honestly say the sight was never on more than an hour all the time I owned it. It was never misused as it sits on my AR15 behind my bedroom door. I think I am going to buy a Lucid sight at much less cost and with excellent reviews.

The 512 is indeed an older optic, I don't know if they even make them still. The XPS series is superior both in size and function. I don't have any experience with Lucid optics, but people on these forums speak highly of them.

It might be worth it to use their trade up program to buy a functioning optic at a discount and turn around and sell it to fund that Lucid you want?

Yea, as much as I like the EOTech reticle, no way I'm buying one. They also won't cover new ones bought from non-full price dealers.

The fact that there are these stories exist, mean there are some failures...

Or buy a Vortex. Not sure what the difference is in the real world.

Back