Concept 3 chokes on Hardball

goat

I have a Les Baer Concept 3 that started failing to chamber after about 50 rounds.I put 175 rounds through it and had four stoppages.I have about 500 rounds through the gun but I would never put more than 50 rounds through it at a time,so I never noticed it.What could it be,extractor,recoil spring,chamber too tight.

Have You Called Baer?

I think your first call should be back to Baer to ask him his opinion. Most custom gunsmiths are more than willing to stand behind their product.

What kind of loads are you shooting? Factory new? Reloads? What kind of bullet and powder? Are they dirty or clean loads? Did Baer tell you about any break-in period? Does the gun need any special lubing?

These are the types of questions that need to be asked and answered, preferably with the man who knows most about this gun.

Hope this helps.

Frosty
MOLON LABE

My Concept 3 was very tight for the first 500 rounds. It sounds like you have already passed that point. I would suggest trying a different magazine and a different brand of ammo. If that doesn't fix it, call Les. Baer will fix it. I own 5 Baer pistols. One had to go back for work. They fixed it. Good luck. Watch-Six

I know this sounds really petty, but, did you clean the chamber well? That sounds like a dirty chamber to me.

I was using PMC 230 g and PMP 220 g.I am using a new Wilson 8 round mag.I thought about the chamber being dirty but I would guess that the chamber is a little tight.I had a Wilson with same problem.

Back