Concealed Carry Question ????

BILLtheDJguy

Does anyone know the legalities or possible ramifications of having extra mags exposed? Do they have to be concealed as well, since they possibly imply that you are armed? I'm curious and I haven't found any case law or statute pertaining to magazines...I'm in Florida, by the way...

I'm not a lawyer but I know lots of people assume and if they follow the "there is smoke there is fire" line of thought then they would probably guess one way or the other. You also have to think about how little most people pay attention to their surroundings or others around them, they may miss it or not know what it is. How would you feel if you saw someone with an exposed magazine? I dont know if its legal but I wouldn't do it for the reason I wouldn't open carry aside from the fact its not legal here in Texas. Why draw the attention etc.. BUT I don't think it is illegal to have them exposed, however disturbing the peace and or causing a panic is and you know how sheeple can be. :D

I don't think they could get you on a weapons charge, but they might get you on some public disturbance charge or some such thing. Might want to ask a local lawyer or DA type person.

Color me dumb, but if Im carrying concealed, the whole idea is to not tip my hand that I might be armed??? Thats why the mags, holster and weapon is hidden. No Colt/Glock/Smith belt buckles or any of that either, nor an NRA hat?

If you are going to conceal then conceal.

I'm sorry but I see very many posts and questions regarding how close to the line of "unconcealed" one can get without being legally declared so. It often is a result of the common new CCW holder's desire to shout out "look, I have a gun!"

Fight the urge. NOTHING good can come of it.

My experience has been if you have to ask if it is concealed it isn't.

Also, while you may not be breaking the law in skirting the edge of concealed you are tweaking the noses of any LEOs who may have a thing against carriers. They can make your day far worse than you can ever make yours. Don't do it.

I picked up a medium sized "multi use holster" by Outdoor Edge with a snap top, similar to a nylon Buck knife case, from Gander Mountain and it works great for a spare 9mm single stack mag. If anyone sees it they just think it's a knife. At the time I bought mine they had three sizes and the larger one would easily accommodate larger magazines. Here's a link to the mfgr web site.

http://www.outdooredge.com/product-p/multi-use holsters.htm

Back