Concealed carry knife? (am I breaking the rules?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

keens

I couldn't find anywhere else to post this thread, so I apologize if I'm breaking the rules.

What kind of knife do you guys carry for self defense? Just your work knife, or something you have set aside strictly for a self defense situation?

Pics would be great.

And again.. if this thread is out of place or against the rules, I apologize.

I carry my pistol Appendix-IWB and carry a waved Spyderco P'Kal clipped to the pocket on the off side.

Based on courses I've taken, I believe there is a very real chance one may have to fight an attacker off in order to create enough distance to draw or run/disengage. I have access to a weapon this way with either hand in case one is 'busy' with a BG.

Spiderco Pikal, strong side pocket.
Usually a Shivworks Clinch Pick, left of belt buckle.
Sometimes a Benchmade 175CBK instead of the Clinch Pick, in same place.

Sometimes I carry one of my mini-kukri's (reverse grip, IWB kydex sheath):

P1020219.jpg

P1020216.jpg

P1020129.jpg

orangekukri1.jpg

DSC01055-1.jpg

Top knife is what I carry when I work or most of the time. It's a cheap knife, I do a lot of damage to it and it takes it. I had to heat treat it to make it better along with some reshaping of the blade and edge. That little POS is sharp and does its job though. The bottom one is a CRKT Hissatsu and as most will tell you isn't a work knife. Most here will also tell you it's not needed and quite excessive. I agree, but I would rather carry it than nothing. I don't carry a gun and am by no means any more than a civilian. Just paranoid in a town that I have had too many problems in.

I carry either my Henckels pocket knife or my Buck 110 folder, but neither is for self defense. Personally if my LCP .380 isn't enough then it's just my bad luck. However I think the chance of my ever needing that is extremely remote. Fortyeight years in the cesspool of Los Angeles gangland, I'm pretty confident I'll never be in a knife fight in Idaho, lol.

im more of a multi tool kind of guy, leatherman wave for me. i guess i could use it in a fight if nessicarry, but it wouldnt be my first choice.

Here are some of my carry knives. The stag handled Buck at the bottom used to be my daily pocket knife but was shot out of the saddle by the red handled Case XX "Dixie Switch" third from left. Either of those two can be opened with the thumb and fore finger and even in the pocket to come out ready. Truth be told though in over 40 years of having a knife in my pocket I've never cut anyone and doubt if I would have the stomach for it. Shooting them is a different matter. ;)

knives.jpg

There's some really sweet cutlery here guys, but there's a problem.

The Tactics and Training Forum is one of the few on TFL that isn't restricted entirely to firearms. It is, however, restricted to defensive tactics and training.

If this thread dealt with defensive tactics with or against a knife, there'd be no problem. This one though, deals with nothing more than makes and models of knives, and that's off topic here.

Sorry guys, but this one's closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back