concealed carry holster preferences

Status
Not open for further replies.

SureShot

Inactive
I am about to receive my carry permit, so am wondering what your opinions are about holsters. Most convenient and comfortable for a Taurus p38. Thanks, SureShot

------------------
SureShot

Depends on where you want to carry it. I have a Galco ankle holster for my smith .38 which I love. On hot days I carry inside the wasteband with T shirt untucked in a bianche IWB sued holster with a Strong metal belt clip. I have even been known to carry in the front pocket with a uncle mike's pocket holster, but the gun needs to be light and pants with big pockets. Hope this helps

Sorry for the blank post above. I was going to recommend Blade-Tech holsters because that is what I swear by for my pistols. However, I guess they are not offered for revolvers.

DWM

Probably the first question we as respondants must ask is are you male or female. If you are male, then you have several thousand choices. If you are female you may have to be a little more thoughtful of your decision.

Probably the most popular form of carry si on the waist. Strong side hip, crossdraw, small of back, front of waist, etc. Holsters that incorporate to your belt, utilize a metal clip, or use a paddle.

Shoulder holsters are also an option, although it is dependant that you wear an overshirt or jacket.

Personally I hate the ankle holster, but it is an option...if you are "young enough" to drop to the floor and move quickly to cover.

If you are a female you have a unique option that only kilt wearing men can take advantage of. That is an inside the thigh holster, or a crotch holster. But, again you are dependant on a specific type of clothing. A purse or of the body carry is also an option, but should probably be a last resort, as you can be seperated from your bag quite easily.

A fanny pack is also an option. Some believe that these items, when worn, screem,"hey I have a gun".

Probably the best thing to do is to commit yourself to going to your area retail accessory shops and try on different systems. DO NOT limit yourself to just one system either. Pick several, so you will be able to carry your Taurus .38 in any situation.

hope this helps,

------------------
"By His stripes we are healed..."

PeterGunn

[This message has been edited by PeterGunn (edited September 02, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back