concealed carry gun grab defense

checkmyswag

I finally figured out a very comfortable and concealable gun/holster/clothing combination.

It's very well concealed. But I am concerned about the possibility of a gun grab from behind. I'm carrying in the 4 o'clock position.

I try to maintain good situational awareness and keep my head on a swivel.

Aside from that...how do you prevent/defend against a gun grab from behind.

I think the angle would be hard to pull. I can lock my elbow down over the gun. If they hold on, should be able to work a trip or hip toss.

This concern almost has me interested in going back to cross draw.

Why would someone grab for a gun that's "very well concealed"?

If you're worried about it, I suppose you could always switch to a retention holster designed to defeat gun grabs.

Why would someone grab for a gun that's "very well concealed"?

The reasonable part of my mind agrees with this. Also what kind of mad man would knowingly put hands on someone with a gun, but there are crazies out there.

It would also have to be a multiple step attack to take the gun which would in theory give me ample time to react.

I also know cross draw is a mess in other ways.

I think I will just take peace knowing it's well concealed and the logistics of any potential attack would be way too difficult to pull off successfully and quickly.

Admittedly my holster sometimes protrudes below my vest, but its a holster not a gun. Could be a cellular telephone or I-pad or tool case.

My gun is not visible, and being grabbed from behind, no one would know to cock the hammer (it a Single Action Blackhawk) and my vest would bind the gun to prevent firing.

However, I don't permit folks getting that close behind me.

Bob Wright

I don't want to chase this concern too far.

I keep aware of my surroundings, my concealment setup is very good and upon further consideration I agree the perfect storm is pretty unlikely in this instance.

Back