Conceal Carry under coat problem

Doug.38PR

Okay, for those of you who carry your gun on your hip or shoulder holster under a sport coat or suit, I have a question for you. Over the past few months of doing this, I have noticed that my coats are getting wrinkled in the back because I have to wear them when I am driving in the car. I'd like to be able to take the coat off and put it in the back when I am driving but it would show my gun. Does anybody have any ideas? (At night, I'll sometimes drive with my coat off as nobody can see you in the car at night and certainly can't see your gun)

Could you just keep an older "car coat" permanently in the car? Something real versatile, like a navy blazer. That way you could keep the coat you're wearing for the day hung up or laying flat in the back seat while driving with the other.

I realize that changing coats when you get in and out of the vehicle would expose you briefly. Not sure if that would be a problem in your state.

Be glad you dont live in Ohio, we are REQUIRED to have our weapon in plain sight when driving. I would hate to be a police fielding all the calls, "somebody has a gun while driving"

Back