Computer game: Half-Life: Counter Strike

SB

I JUST finished my finals today and have the rest of the year off. (WOOHOO!) So, I thought I'd relax a bit for now. Yes yes, I'm keeping my eye on Y2K. Anyway, I just downloaded this overnight earlier this morning.

For those who may be curious but do not know, Counter Strike is a free multiplayer mod pak (add-on module) to the game Half-Life, a Sci-Fi 1st-person perspective shooter. Unlike other paks out there however, this one seems to be more grounded in reality.

It's a team game. Basically, there are two sides to choose from: The terrorist and counter-terrorist. The object of the game, aside from killing each other, is to rescue or kill the hostages depending on which side you are on. Each sides have slightly different capabilities and weapon loadouts. For example, terrorists are armed with AK-47s while the counter-terrorists are armed with M4A1 as standard issue.

However, the more enemies you kill and the more objectives you hit, the more money you earn. In turn, you can use the money to buy new toys. For example, the latest addition to their 4th beta includes the Sig Sauer P228 and the Steyr Scout.

Anyway, that's the general spiel from their website. Seeing how a few of you have expressed interest in certain computer games such as Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, I was wondering if anyone has played this one yet?

While I have yet to tinker with it, I did take a look at the file early this morning. From the looks of it, it requires a bit more hacking finesse to get this one running than say TFC (Team Fortress Classic). But I'm going to see what I can do with it in the next few days. Any comments or helpful tips would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

I have played Half Life. I liked it.
I find its better than Quake II.
I have not played this add on. If I get the chance, I will.
1st Person shooters however, are not my favorite.
I prefer RTS games...

(I reloaded X-Wing vs Tie Fighter the other day and am having fun going through those missions again. I am looking for downloads for modifying the ships. I want an A-wing that has more firepower, heavier shielding, and a faster weapon recharge... Or a Y-wing that can turn and burn instead of lumbering around like a Bus.)

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
We, the people, are tired of being taxed, penalized, supervised, harassed,
and subjugated by a federal government which exceeds the powers
enumerated in the U.S. Constitution.

SB, if you like counter strike, give action half-life a try. Its still a FPS but adds many interesting elements like bleeding, bandaging, reloading, your aim going to pot when moving, etc. http://ahl.action-web.net
The page sometimes goes up and down though.

Back