Component prices shotshell

Lhigginsqrb

I’m wondering what you guys are seeing available. From what I’m seeing primers are out of stock. I can get them at a markup for 15-20 cents each off of price gaugers. Powder is available 20-32 a lb depending what you get. Plus shipping and hazmat. I found some in store. Shot is only available in #7-9 which I don’t use. I’ve seen some marked up at 4 dollars a lb with shipping. Way too high. Buck shot at about 10 a lb with shipping.

I have what I need for the season just wondering what others are seeing. I still have enough #5 shot for 300+ 1 oz loads. 300 primers. Way too many wads. And plenty of powder. I’m not planning to get more components unless I need them due to current pricing being so high. I mentioned in my other thread about cannibilizing rounds to at least get primers if needed.

A gun shop in my area had 209 primers for $70/1000, but the only way they'd sell them is if you also bought 2 x 25-lb of shot $$40 each and 2 x 500 bags of CB wads @ $10 each. I only needed primers so I refused the $170 deal.

I could see that being annoying but I kind of agree with them. A lot of what is driving the price up is speculators buying them and putting them on auction sites and such. What they’re doing makes that less of an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had been running low on a couple components, primers and powder mostly and every time someone would post “X” place has them in stock, they’d be out by the time I looked. Month or so back my ship came in…I stopped at a shop close to where I shoot skeet and they had (2) 8# jugs of Clay Dot...got (1), week or so after that someone posted Ballistic Products had Cheddite primers…scored 10k, week or so after that I get an email from Powder Valley, they had Clay Dot in stock…scored another 8# jug. Last week I found 6#’s of 20/28 local to me, so I’m set. With what I was able to purchase the last month or so I’m set until this time next year other than wads, but I’ve always been able to get those.

A gun shop in my area had 209 primers for $70/1000, but the only way they'd sell them is if you also bought 2 x 25-lb of shot $$40 each and 2 x 500 bags of CB wads @ $10 each. I only needed primers so I refused the $170 deal.

Those are good prices on shot and wads

Those are good prices on shot and wads

Yes, indeed!

Don

Back