Competitions in Southern California

DAKODAKID

Is anyone here from Southern California?
Are there any IPSC, IDPA etc shoots in this area?
I heard about one in Norco, but i don't know exactly where.
Thanks

Who cares about shooting with the Swedish Bikini Team there. How in the world did the match director pull that off? Want to send them about 6 hours north???

thumbs.gif

Check out this club. This is where I shoot....there's a match on July 1st as mentioned above. Theres a shoot on the 2nd and 4th sunday of the month.
Norco has it on Saturday...I think everyweek!
SWPL is in PIRU...about 10-15mins from magic mountain.
Come by! Match starts at 9am....

South West Pisol League

Thanks for all the help guys,
i am new to pistol shooting (barely 2 years) and all my shooting has been indoors standing still shooting at a paper target.
I am a bit nervous about competition but i am really bored with shooting paper in a poorly lit indoor range.
I have been practicing my dry draws in the garage etc.
Any advice for the new-guy???
I know i will probably be really slow when i start.
Thanks for any help

My wife and 3 kids have kept me very, very busy lately.
Pray tell...how did the Swedish Bikini/Lake Piru match go????
I wish i could have made my competition debut there.
Can someone post a detailed account of this match?
My wife already hit my arm once she seen that i made the bikini team my wallpaper..lol...(she is a german blond hair,blue eyed girl herself)...
Come on boys, how was it?
My arm is already sore as it is......lol...
Thanks...

DAKODAKID,

Er, July 1 hasn't happened yet. Trying to put one over on the wife?

Most clubs require you to go through an orientation course or session, so don't feel you will be out of place. The orientation will just attempt to get you through without doing anything stupid--safety rules are very strict. Most learning happens down the way: strategy, tactics, gaming, etc.

OOPS, sorry i thought the match was last sunday.
I got my dates mixed up.
Safety is always rule #1 when it comes to firearms..

My local clubs don't have an orientation course. There's a new shooter safety briefing before the match. New shooters should tell the RO they are new shooters. Our RO's will talk them through the stage. It's technically illegal, but it's better than letting someone run around with a hot weapon not knowing what to do next.

DAKODAKID,

You should join us this weekend then....it is a good match to start out coz' it will be mostly short stages....one stage only has one target actually!
Most of the people I shoot with are beginners too...some of them are totally beginners to guns itself! So, Don't feel intimidated coz' everyone in the club is very understanding and willing to help!
I myself just started shooting IPSC this year and Im hooked. Then, a month ago, I recruited about 10+ other guys and now all of them are hooked....so, everyone starts somewhere and there is always room to improve.
Don't worry about your speed.....I know someone who even WALKS to each target just to make sure he is safe and hits em'! Speed will follow as you get better....
What gun do you shoot? You can enter production class or Limited-10 if you have a factory double action gun or a single stack 1911..... you will need a holster and 4 mag pouches... and of course about 200 rounds of ammo.
Just email me if you need more info....
good luck.

Well, the Swedish Bikini Team didn't shoot in their bikinis but they still looked hotter'n a $2 pistol. I leached these pics from one of the team members over on AR15.com.

vendela.jpg

Back