comparison of Iver Johnson shotgun

Bennett

I would like to know what level of quality you would place on
Iver Johnson compared to mossberg or remington, winchester

I would put IJ's quality on a par with Mossberg, but not as good as either Winchester or older Remingtons.

If you were buying a new IJ for $50 less that a new Mossberg
which one would you choose.
The IJ has a muzzle brake the Mossberg does not
for a lady would the muzzle brake make a lot of difference in recoil
in a HD situation ?

I was referring to vintage/US-made IJ's, and not the juncque the current IJ firm's importing from the mid-East.

The $50 more for a Mossberg, over the price of junk, is a no-brainer, and would repaid in a NY Minute, as soon as the junk fails (which is a given).

i used to collect old single barrel shotguns. The Iver Johnson Champion is a quality shotgun: IMO: Better than the vintage H&R guns. The Iver johnson was not on par with the Winchester model 37. The model 37 was the best single barrel shotgun: Discounting, of course, trap guns like Lefever.

An Iver Johnson what exactly? They had a few models. If we're talking just a regular single shot, they are nice guns. I can't comment on anything else of theirs because I haven't handled any of them (except a Trailblazer). If its the usual .410, 20 gauge, or 12 gauge it's worth $60-$120 if its in good shape. Other gauges are worth slightly more. I'm a Harrington & Richardson fan myself, but I like the design of the Iver Johnson receivers.

Back