Comparision question

Bill Siegle

Approximately how much quieter is a .223 bolt action Vs an Ar15 assuming one would be using a TAC16 suppressor on both guns? I recently got my TAC16 and so far only have the AR to shoot it from and I am wondering if the bolt action would be worth the effort or if it is only a little bit quieter than the semi. Thanks in advance for any answers :)

Due to the fact that the most significant noise will be the sonic crack, the bolt action wouldn't be substantially enough quieter to warrant buying it IMHO.

The bolt action would sound quieter to the shooter because you would not hear the action noise and the sound that comes from the ejection, but to an observer 25 yards away they would sound very similar.

Thanks for the replies guys. Sounds like the performance level I expected. If I got at least the same performance I would be happy so I may just get a bolt action . Really just like having different range toys and a bolt action with the suppressor would be a fun time at the range when the sun is shining :)

Back