comments on beretta cheetah 84

clarence

I just ordered a beretta 84 (380) for my wife who is left handed. Would appreciate comments and experiences on racking the slide. I heard they are difficult to rack for women or for people with weak hands. Also how about its recoil? Hope my lady could handle it. Lastly, is it possible to transfer the mag release to the other side for my wife who is a lefty? Will appreciate all comments.

I looked at those awhile back, I'm a big fan of the Cougar series Berettas. But if I remember correctly there is a .380 model that has a tip up barrel I believe that was the 85 series? not sure. But that would make it easier for her to load.

------------------
Help Stamp Out Gun Ignorance.

I TO AM A LEFTY (ALWAYS IN OUR RIGHT MINDS)NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE SAFETY ON MT BERETTA 87 22LR. JUST USED MY LEFT INDEX FINGER....

I have an 84f which is the staggered 10 round magazine. The 85 is a single column 8 round mag and the 86 is a 10 rounder with the tip up barrel. I love mine. It is reliable and accurate and fits my hand well. the slide is fairly hard to rack, but I have found that if you grasp he front of the slide where it tapers toward the barrel, it is much easier. If your wife has weak hands, the 86 would be better, but it is also somewhat longer and a little heavier. Recoil for the 84 is much less than walther ppk's that I have owned and lighter the sig p230's that I have shot.

Back