Comments on a Colt CCO

Dogger

Replaced the factory spring with a Wolff 20 pound recoil spring and headed to the NRA range. This pistol is awesome -- I was knocking a single ragged hole into target after target at 15 yards with PMC 230 grain ball. Folks, for me this is an achievement! The gun is capable of more accuracy than my level of trigger control can deliver. But man, that PMC ammo is dirty stuff! I need to find some cleaner burning factory ammo...

Anyway, for all you Colt bashers out there, I can't say enough good things about this Colt. It runs like a Timex watch.

Dogger,

I picked up a slightly used Colt Officer ACP last summer. After I swapped out the double stock recoil springs, with a 24# Wolff, it runs quite well. I've had one FTF in about 1K rounds.

The stock sights aren't really target quality, but I can still keep them all in the black (5") at 25 yards. Good enough for me.

I know what you mean about the Colt bashers. I just ignore them. I know the quality of what I own, and am quite pleased with it.

Joe

------------------
Go NRA

Joe, glad to hear you are having success with the officer's model. That is on my short list for the "next gun". :)

Back