commander size Charles Daly .45 input?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rblack

I just purchased a Charles Daly 1911 with a 4" barrel. Haven't shot it yet, but fit and finish is excellent. Anyone shot one of these
Thank you

If its typical of the 5" youll enjoy. Might get a little fail to feed with less than good loads. avoid 3-D, its mixed brass and it'll make you hate you gun. I enjoy Daleys and like to tweek them, the results are very measurable. I shoot Win brass, Win231 powder (6.3Grs), 230 jhp, L/P CCI 300 and have no complaints with it at all.

I took my Charles Daly .45 acp 4" barrel to the range today. A couple hangups was all, shot Winchester 230 gr hardball extremely well. At 15 yds had 2 1/2" groups. Also fed it Federal hydrashocks, in 230 gr. and it fed very well, but accuracy with this ammo was strung out over about 6". The trigger pull was just about right for a carry gun, I would estimate it at about 5 or 6 lbs., and very little if any creep before letoff.. This is a great gun for the money. If anyone is in the market for a commander size 1911, they could do a lot worse than the Charles Daly.
Rod Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back