Combination Cable Lock

Prof Young

Shooters:
After cutting a cable lock off a gun, for the third time, because the key was still in the gun room and I was in the field I did some research. Found a company call Frazen Security Products (web address below) and they make a very nice cable lock that has a combination. Bought two of them and am very pleased. They are a touch long for my use (locking lever on lever guns) but a double wrap around the stock and they are fine.
Live well, be safe
Prof Young

http://franzeninternational.thomasn...zen-security-combination-cable-lock/item-1103

Bicycle shops sell similar locks.
If you ever forget the combination, put the lock part on a hard surface and a smack with a hammer will crack it open.

As you can buy the cable in hardware stores, why not just make your own with either combination locks, or keyed alike padlocks?

Plastic covered cable etc.

Jim Dandy
I thought about that, making my own cable locks, but the need for plastic covered device held me back. Sure there is plastic covered cable, but what about the clamps? And how does one secure the cable without nuts and bolts clamps.

The price of the Frazen locks makes rolling your own hardly worth it. BUT . . . each to their own. What works of me, works for me. What works for you, works for you.

Live well, be safe
Reporting in from San Francisco this week . . .
PRof Young

Back