"combat" on the slide?

bubbaturbo

This may have already been discussed before but I couldn't figure out how to search for it.
Anyhow, does anybody think having "Combat" as in "Combat Carry", "Custom Combat", etc. as part of your gun name not look good if you were involved in a shooting or am I being paranoid?

I think you may have a point. I hate to take a position that sounds PC, but you may have a point. Then again, maybe it's much ado about nuthin'.

When we have to worry about what others might think, instead of doing what we should, that is a real pain.

I guess names like Combat, etc., satisfy the GI Joe in us all. I know I have a Colt Combat Commander, why does it need that name? Marketeers! LOL :D

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts, it may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok
Remember: When you attempt to rationalize two inconsistent positions, you risk drowning as your own sewage backs up.
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG

No, the printing on the gun will have no bearing on your self defense case, not even if it said: "Hip-hop goblin killer" as long as the shooting was legal and not questionable in any way. If the shooting was questionable, they may bring up extraneous things to try to cast doubt on you, but in the end, it is the circumstances of the shooting that make or break you, not such extraneous things as what model gun or what kind of ammo.

R!ck, that sounds neat! Where can I get a Hip Hop Goblin Killer? LOL

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts, it may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok
Remember: When you attempt to rationalize two inconsistent positions, you risk drowning as your own sewage backs up.
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG

BigG -
You think THAT sounds neat, for a matching knife get the "nine inch double barbed Rambotron Ninja Deathmonger 2000 Knife" (legendary on rec.knives).

Back