Columbian Mauser FN Model 1950?

Jim567

I have just acquired a FN Mauser with a Colombian Military Crest.

There is no indication of caliber. Most model 1950's are marked 30 06, all the ones I have seen.

No import marks and has been sporterized to the extent the 1970's Mauser in a barrel for 50 dollars were.

Has a turned down bolt.

No other markings except FAB NAT D'ARMES DE GUERRE HERSTAL Belgium,
SMALL S WITH AN ARROW left side or receiver.

BELGIUM PROOF MARK ON BARREL

SER 2209X

Any help on ID, Caliber?

I believe all Colombian FN Mausers are .30-06. Is the barrel 'stepped'?
However, a sporterised one can be anything. Start by slugging the barrel, then do a chamber cast.
It won't be a professionally sporterised rifle(like Interarms, etc.) with the crest still on it.

A 30 odd six round will get picked up out of the magazine and chamber.

It will not extract

It’s loose as a goose and will fall in and fall out.

Rats just took a look at the extractor it is badly broken on the face

Source?

gunpartscorp.com
You will find many gun parts for common or not too obscure firearms. Your FN would take parts common to most full-length action M98 variants.

If it is a Colombian marked Mauser rifle, it would be either a Steyr Model 1912, Steyr Model 1934 or an FN Model 1951. Since you said it has FN markings, that narrows it down pretty quickly.

Got the magnifying glass out and finally found the very faint 30 on the rear of the receiver .
It is a Model 1950.
Still can’t find a source for FM Colombian model 1950 extractor

No one I can find has an FN Mauser extractor.

Gonna try an extractor for a German K98. They look exactly the same. Fingers crossed.

Extractor for a German K98 fit perfectly. Extraction positive.

But --- I then found it was missing the ejector lol. 6.00 on the way.

Only 20K of these 30-06 M-50 rifles were made which I suppose makes them rare.

This one has an OK bore but with the stock cut down and its overall condition --

It's just a knock around rifle.

Thanks to all for the support. Sarco would not confirm the extractor would work so I was tentative - but all is well.

Last edited:
Back