Colt Z40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Saw one of these today. DAO, all steel (I think, sure felt like it), 10 rnd mag (someone told me it takes CZ mags?). Looked good and felt good in the hand. Trigger pull wasn't bad at all, kind of reminded me of a Kahr. Anyone else seen or have an impression of this little pistola? Price was $450 and this shop is usually a little high. Figure could pick one up for $399 elsewhere. So how much are CZ mags and where do you buy them?

So am I the only one that has seen one of these. Be interested to hear if anyone sees any at guns shows this weekend.

I asked Colt about that pistol at the SHOT Show this year and got a blank stare. They had no idea what I was talking about. Sounded like a good pistol but I have never seen one, I think they look a little like a MAB. Flat butt, not angled like on a 1911 but parallel to the slide, similar to the early Hi Standard .22's. Maybe I will get to see one this weekend.

Went to a Gun Show in Elkins WV today and saw another one. Same price, about $450. The guy had a tag on it said only 700 manufactured. Another friend said that was the new platform for the smart gun technology.

Glenn: The '2000 All-American' design wasn't original to Colt either. Reed Knight designed it with a spot of help from Gene Stoner. From those who have handled Knight's original prototypes, Colt really botched their final product. Knight must have thought that the original concept was worthwhile; he bought the rights back from Colt after they cancelled production of the 2000.

Yep - you are correct - I knew that
but was just commenting that polymer
ain't there thing.

Kind of interesting how Glock
has generated waves of US Polymer
flops like the first Sigmas and
the 2000. Now, Colt goes CZ and
SW goes Walther.

Ruger, Kel-tec seemed to make it happen and
I'm waiting for the Kahr.

The Z-40 was made under contract for Colt by CZ and when the pistols were finished, Colt didn't want to take possesion of them. ABN Sports supposedly bought them all. I placed an order from ABN last Wednesday and my account manager told me about them. If it is anything like the CZ's other pistol it is probably well made and reliable.

I have been handled Colt (CZ) Z40 pistol. It is made by CZ.

1. It will take CZ75 cal. 40S&W magazine
2. DA Only steel frame
3. Grip is like a box far away to bad way from CZ75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back