Colt wood grip search

bionicjcs

Inactive
Hello again

Ive tried a couple wood replacement grips for my Trooper Mark V. I like the beauty of the wood etc, but so far the two Ive tried are a little too thick for me. Can anyone recommend a brand that would lean toward the smaller and/or slimmer style?

Maybe you're going to have to find someone who can custom make a set that will work for you?

Don't feel bad. I have smaller hands and on my S & Ws, I sort of ran into the same thing as far as wood grips for my K and J frames. Some were either too fat or the profile banged the heck out of my hands after a couple of hundred rounds at the range - not to mention one pair that the checkering was so sharp on that it created blisters quickly.

I like the look of wood grips and for my M & P K frame that I shoot the most, I probably went through close to 10 sets trying to get something that fit well - both new and used. As much as I like the look of "woodies" - I have finally switched all of my Smiths to Pach's and have never looked back - no more irritation with a couple hundred rounds. The only one I wasn't able to switch over to Pach's was my Combat Masterpiece - the Pach's grip screw runs smack dab in to the mainspring. I finally switched back to a set of standard wood grips and am still looking.

Good luck and hopefully someone can recommend something for you Colt! :)

Herrett Stocks make grips to fit your hand. They require a tracing of your hand to do so. Check them out, you should be able to find what you want from them.

Back