Colt vs P-O

ctc

I'm looking for a small, relatively lightweight CCW and have narrowed it down (for the time being) to a Colt Defender or a Para-Ordnance P10.45.
Any thoughts pro or con would be helpful.

Thanks,
-- Chuck

BTW I have posted this over at 1911Forum.com

Get the Para-Ordnance 10-45 in the LDA model. Or even better yet the LDA limited model. I cant remember off the top of my head if they make the 10-45 in an LDA but if they do then that would be the one that I would get between those two for CCW.

The Colt is going to be a bit more versatile for CCW, but I have heard of some problems with it from a functional standpoint. Bought my wife a 1991A1 Compact, and while heavier, is a very accurate sidearm. You might consider one in an aluminum frame.

Now I have owned 4 Paras in my life. I only own three now. I dumped my P10 (first generation) because it was a jam-a-matic. I couldn't get a good enough grip on the small grip to keep from limp wristing that lil bugger! Even with the Pearce grip extender I was stil limp wristing it. My girl friend at the time had no malfs at all with it, but I would get nose dive jams one in seven without the Pearce and one in ten with the Pearce.

Aside from that limp wristing problem with the P10, I have had no functionality complaints with the Paras that I currently own.

Derek

Castings and MIM manufacturing or forged CNC manufacturing and tool steel. The choice is yours.

I suggest the P12

Might I suggest the P-12 in lieu of the P10
The P12 is more comparable to the Colt, Defender...with the obvious difference being wider grip & a couple extra rds.

I own the P-12 limited with Alloy Frame. its the ideal CCW package, IMHO.

THE LDA would be a good consideration, but I have not seen them in an alloy frame.

the gun hasto be comfortable for carrying,it amazing how those few onces add up over a long day.

Good Luck.

I own one of each

I have a Colt Concealed Carry Officers model, which is a Commander top end, Officers model bottom. This was only made for about a year by Colt, but is still available from the Custom Shop. It works great for CCW (I'm a law enforcement officer)and the weapon functions great. My OTHER love is my Paraord P13, which is a Commander sized 14 round .45 ACP (with one in the tube). It is heavier, for sure, but it feels great in the hand, and does anything the Colt does. Just holds more stuff. Size DOES matter, so pick the weapon you can handle most effectively. Little may be hard to control. BIG may be cumbersome for you. Fit the weapon to YOU and do NOT buy a "fad" gun, just because there is a ton of articles or talk about them.

Back