Colt Team Delta Elite 10mm

K80Geoff

Found one of these in the local gun shop. The gun is unfired and still has the hang tags with papers in the original box. It is blue and has a low serial #. The gun is tight and has one mag, apparently it ws a gunsafe "Queen"

This is one of those guns that just screams at me to buy it. Even though I am not experienced with 10mm it is just too good to pass up at $700.

Any body know anything about this particular model? It appears to be one of the first 10mms made by Colt. The shop personnel told me it was probably made in mid to late 80's. Apparently the "TEAM" designation has something to do with Delta Force??? ( Grain or two of salt here:))

Geoff Ross

K80Geoff,

I had one of these 10mms. IIRC they were matched with a .45 which was similarly marked, which I didn't have, hence the "team". A quick call to Colt should give you the answer. It was one of my favorite pistols, and of course I regret selling it.

Dave

$700 is a good price for ANY Delta Elite in good condition, let alone some unfired Colt factory "special edition" (though I have never heard of that one). I say go for it!

You can read my review of my Delta Elite on my web page.

Sold my friends Colt collection last summer which included four NIB 1911 pistols. None of these guns sold for less than one thousand dollars (one Commander fetched $1350 at Auction Arms and a 10/40 sold for $1200). A gun in the condition you describe is a bargain for $700 (Colt collectors have gone insane!). If you don't want it tell me where it at. I'll buy it! :D

Colt_ten&forty.JPG

Robert

Back