Colt target model 22 long rifle

TKL

A friend of mine just sold me the above 22 after I told him I was looking for a 22 pistol and he said he had this one that he had never fired. Is this a good and accurate model for target shooting or is it more for plinking? As you can tell I know very little about it and was looking at an S&W before this came along. Price seemed to be right. Any info appreciated!

Colt has made .22 pistols since 1915 and there are many different models. Usually there will some sort of marking like "Woodsman" or "Match Target. The serial number (1234xxx) would also help.

We need more information to be able to help. Give as complete a description as possible.

It's a colt 22 target, 6" barrel,22long rifle stainless steel model cc5260. I don't think it is too old but I don't see it listed on colt's internet site either. Thanks fo the help.

Colt's polymer and stainless .22 pistol was introduced about six years ago under the name "Cadet". Then another company pointed out to Colt that that name was already taken, so the pistol was renamed something like the "Colt .22 Pistol". (Clever, eh? ;)) The original pistol had a barrel of about 4.5" and fixed sights. The Target model, introduced a year or two later, had a 6" barrel with some sort of integral scope base (I think) and adjustable sights. Both models have been dropped from production.

I've tried the Colt .22 and found it amazingly accurate, despite a 5+ pound trigger and a poor fit to my hand. A friend of mine uses his for Bullseye competition and shoots high Expert scores with it.

THE GUN IS THE COLT 22. AND IT WAS INTRODUCED IN 1994. AND THE BARREL IS 4". AND THATS THAT.

Anybody try working on the trigger on one of the new Colt .22s ? Isn't it adjusable, but sealed at the factory ? Anybody break the seal and try to adjust the trigger ?

This gun is a 6" 22 target just as described by Mat. I have not personally worked on the triger, but there was triger work done by a local gunsmith. The pull is very light and short and the break is very clean. I don't know what the are like out of the box.
Anybody have any idea as to what a good price would be?
Thanks
TKL

Most people I talk to about these guns say they didn't sell well because they cost more than a Ruger and dodn't shoot as well. But the people who say that typically havn't even shot one of the Colts.

Back