Colt Super .38 1911

Bob1911

I just picked up a "Colt MKIV Series 80" chambered for "Super .38 Auto" "Colt government Model" 1911 in stainless. Ser# SG07213E. It has "CTC" laser grips.

It looks new except for an "idiot mark" on it.

Can anybody shed some light on the date of birth and a value please?

Also I was told it was a "Gold Cup" is this true, I don't know how to identify a gold cup?

Call Colt and they will tell you the year made, but no other information without paying $75-$100 for an archive letter.
1-800-962-COLT

There aren't many .38 Super Gold Cup variants, nearly all are .45s.
Does your gun have adjustable sights and a wide slotted trigger?

Surely you paid a fair price or trade for it. I won't second guess you on its dollar value.

Black solid trigger with black 3 dot sights.

$900 out the door. Don't know if it was a good price but it was worth it to me:D

[Can anybody shed some light on the date of birth and a value please?]
[$900 out the door. Don't know if it was a good price but it was worth it to me]

There ya go ! A nickled Super would float my boat, too. :p

Colt says:

I just called Colt and they say it is a "regular Gov't Model and not a Gold Cup and that it was made in 1998". Thank you Jim for the number.

Also this gun is a stainless gun. (I have had it in front of me while posting) and it says right on it that it is a series 80.

Thank you for all the help without all of your help and information I would be a lot dumber than I already am.:confused:

Back