Colt Single Action Revolvers

Steel

Anyone of you own a recent model Colt single action revolvers? AS I understand it, from their web site, they offer the Model "P" (Peacemaker?) in .45 Colt and 44-40 and the "Cowboy" series in 45 Colt ("more economically priced" per site).

I handled a For-Sale Colt recently and do not know which one it was.

What prices are typical, new, for these?

The original SAA has the firing pin on the hammer, the Cowboy :barf: has a flat hammer to work the transfer bar mechanism (like a Ruger single-action).
The Cowboy is Colt's attempt to copy Ruger, but they got the price wrong as it's twice the cost of a Ruger; ~$700.
Colt recently raised the "Suggested Retail Price" of an SAA to over $1800, but there are still prior manufactured examples in showcases for ~$1400.

Price for Colts

Just as Colt announced their decision to curtail sales, I bought a "used" NIB unfired 44-40 for $800+ (don't remember exactly). Probably would get $1300 + now. Everyone can say what they want, but the action is exceptionally smooth and the blue is beautiful. Love it.

A couple of years ago, I bought four new SAA's at $800 each and have kept them in the box. Better than my IRA's have done lately.

Jim

Back