Colt SAA 1st Gen Blackpowder??

bilbo42

Inactive
Hi. I am new to this forum and wanted to share a picture of my cousin's colt 45 and see what anyone knew about it. From what he said, it is a first generation antique or black powder. It is chambered for 45 cal. The serial number is 860XX The antique or black powder is denoted by the screw that is directly under the cylinder retaining pin. I know there are a couple of things wrong with it, the back strap is nickeled or chrome and the extracting rod and spring are gone. The writing on top of the barrel is kinda faint so I will substitute a ? mark for letters that I can't make out. "Colt's P? F A MFG ?? " and below that "Hartford CT USA". Below the cylinder on the left side is "PAT Sept 19 1871
July 2 72
Jan 19 75

45 CAL is on the left side of the trigger guard at front. The serial number is on the bottom of the gun in two places: the front of the trigger guard and just in front of that on the frame. There is a different serial number on the backstrap and a different one on the loading gate. Any info that anyone can give me would really help. The holster is one that mu mother has had ever since I can remember. It has no maker marks on it. Thanks,Bil

Attachments

• colt1.jpg
    colt1.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 89
  • colt2.jpg
    colt2.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 81
Back