Colt Revolvers......

glockjeeper

Does anyone know of any sights that specialize in Colt revolvers, specifically DA models? Stuff like serial number ranges, variations, values, etc? I'd like to try and find out more about my '50s era Detective Special. Also, I wouldn't mind finding out more about the New Service and its variations. Thanks guys and gals!

I love Colt revolvers also. I'm in the same boat as you, hard to find any info. Try some local book stores. I remember a few years ago I found some info on the Colt New Frontier at a local book store, that since went out of business. If you find anything, let us know will you? The book stores around here keep the gun books in the back out of sight, as if they were ashamed to sell them. I asked them why they did that, and they said because they don't sell many gun books. You think that is proably why? Anyway let us know.

Detective Special Post-War (second issue). .32 New Police, .38 New Police, or .38 Spl. cal., 2 or 3 (scarce) in. barrel, plastic grips 1947-1954 - wood grips thereafter, wrap-under wood grips started in 1966. Mfg. 1947-1972......Fjestad. Mostly blue, some nickel.

Sam

Go to TFL's SKUNK WORKS and enter "Harley Nolden's Institute for Firearms Research." Repost your question there.

I did exactly that a couple weeks ago Aggie, no response :(
I remember a site that was posted here a loooong time ago, that let you lookup manufacture dates of many brand names by using your serial number. It was a really good site, but I lost the addy :( It didn't "do" Colts though. Colt info is hard to come by.

This page focuses on Colt Semi Autos, but there are several links for various six guns as well, it might help. http://www.coltautos.com/

Bluebook lists value for one in 95% condition as $325-$375, depending on finish and barrel length.

SnakeLover

Back