Colt revolver dating?

Prof

How can I find out when a particular Colt revolver was manufactured? I checked the Colt website but they don't list such dates.

Call their customer service phone number. That's what I did today and they gave me the manufacture dates for two revolvers I own over the telephone.....Dan in GA

Dan:

Were your two revolvers the SAA type? I noticed that they will answer historical questions about those on the phone but their website said all others had to be mailed in. Just curious.

They'll give you date of production over the phone for most recent firearms. The historical letters show a lot more detail, such as exact configuration when shipped, where shipped, how many guns shipped with it, etc. The letter is mostly for documenting collectible firearms, rather than satisfying us curious owners. :)

Prof, My revolvers are both DA. They have manufacture date info as far back as 1990 on computer and earlier dates on microfiche. The young lady who assisted me had to go to microfiche, which she did while I was on the phone with her, to get the date for a King Cobra. They made at least one Colt customer happy today. ....Dan in GA

Back