Colt PYTHON advice sale

DAKA

I have a PYTHON that a friend's wife asked me to sell for her (long story)
He bought it she doesn't remember....1960's?
Its engraved all over absolutely beautiful, has Pachmayr black grips and appears to be perfect. No box just the gun
I have no idea how to get a value for this 181** E N N...
Appreciate any advice
Thanks Daniel

Take it to an expert, or go post pictures at the Colt collectors forum.

Order a letter from Colt’s research department (the only department that makes them any money). If it’s factory engraved by one of their masters it could be worth a ton, but it’s more difficult to determine without the letter.

python snake gun

Depending upon its condition and who did the engraving and if Colt was it A, B, C, etc., it could be in the area of $2000 to $4000.

It’s in that area as long as it wasn’t done by a monkey. I sold a brushed stainless 1980, box and papers for $3k about a month ago to finance my new comp rifle. I probably could have gotten a couple hundred more on GB.

If it’s really covered it could be more rare. It may even be a presentation pistol. Most pistols were A or B. You need the letter.

I have pix but they ware evidently too large to upload on the site and I don't know how to reduce them...anyone who can help, send me your email, and I'll send them..
tnx Daniel

The Paint program that comes with Microsoft Windows allows you to resize pictures. I prefer a freeware progarm I downloaded called IRfanview, but it may not be worth downloading and installing that for just a couple of photos.

One question that will effect value is factory vs after market engraving. A letter to Colt would be needed and it’s not costly.

Back