Colt Price Check

BikerRN

I need some help.

I have the opportunity to buy a LNIB Colt Peacemaker in 44-40 with a 51/2" Barrel. It's had less than 50 rounds through it and was made in the 1970's. The gentleman selling it wants $1200 for it and I trust him in regards to the number of rounds through it.

The question is, is this a good deal or not? I don't shoot Single Action Revolvers and have no idea of their value. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Biker

More info needed. Model? S/N range (X out the last 2 or 3 digits)?
Need to know if it is blued, or nickel plated, Second Gen didn't come in 44-40. 3rd Gen Did. It sounds like a 3rd gen from your description.
Look it up in the Blue Book Of Gun Values. Maybe one of your collector friends has a copy.

If you look around, you probably would be able to find a NIB Colt SAA for that price. I have seen many for around 1100 or so. If you plan on shooting it, a used gun would be better, but at a reduced price. If you are looking to get a Colt to keep in the safe, then NIB is always better.

Just my two cents, and I'm not sure it's worth even that.;)

I decided on a NIB Colt 45 LC with a 51/2" Barrel and Color Case Hardened.

My dealer sold it to me for $1265 OTD. That's real good for around here. Another dealer let his last one go for $1800. That was for a 3rd Gen NIB. The demand is there for these guns and the dealers know it.

I guess it helps that I've been dealing with this guy/shop for over 20+ years.

Biker

Back