Colt Pony

flusher

Thanks to everyone for your input. Took the Pony ALL Stainless Steel version to the gun club and fired a few mags of .380 FMJ which is the only stuff I had. This weapon has nearly Zero recoil and was 100% reliable. Quite a weapon and I recommend it to anyone looking for a real pocket pistol. What needs improvement is my own point and shoot technique.

We must be riding different Ponies because my jumps in the hand via torgue and I found the 12 lb. trigger pull to be anything but accomodating on such a small gun. That being said, I do like my pony just fine. I have a few hundred rounds though it including Hydra-shoks and it cycles everything just fine. Do remember to replace the recoi spring every 300 rounds.

Possibly the extra weight of the all Stainless Steel model is the answer. All stainless is 19 ozs. Pocketlite is 13 ozs

Had a Pony, traded it off for a Rossi '92 Win copy in .44mag.

My Pony was all stainless steel and loaded was a brick in my pocket. Sights were lousy and the trigger was out of a staple gun. I thought about having it customized, but for less than it would have cost me to have decent sights put on it I bought an old Charter Arms .44 spl Bulldog that i love.

On the plus side though it fed and cycled flawlessly with every kind of .380 ammo i ever put in it and kicked less than any other .380 I have ever shot. I had wanted it as a pocket gun and i just did not like it in that role at all. I gave up on it and went back to my 640-1 for a day to day gun.

Back