Colt Pocket Nine

Looked into buying one of them but no magazines are currrently in production and I couldnot find one anywhere.

Yes, I have one and find it very easy to conceal. You can now get magazines via internet sources such as guns america and auction arms. The trigger pull is quite hard, but you can adapt to it with little practice. Too bad they quit making them!

I bought mine to replace my J-frame, because it offers more capacity (6+1 versus 5) and is easier to conceal because it's flat. I don't regret the decision.

However, the trigger is the worst I have ever fired --extremely heavy, and stacks at the end. To some degree I'm okay with the heavy pull, since I carry it in my front pocket in a soft leather holster -- no place for a hair trigger. A gunsmith probably could probably help with the stacking.

Mine will not run with the really hot 9mm loads. It functioned okay with 90 grain +P+, but when I went to 115 grain in +P+ it would fire the round in the chamber and then jam -- every time -- as it tried to feed the round at the top of the magazine. Even the gunrags admit that this is a problem with the Pocket Nine.

When Colt started making the Pocket Nine, Kahr sued them for (allegedly) stealing their design for the MK9. Too bad they didn't steal a Kahr trigger while they were at it. :)

It had the right idea, small, and light. I sold mine for a loss and never looked back! I can not trust that pistol. It is a jamomatic! I'm still waiting for extra mags I ordered 6 mo. ago! Get a Kahr or a Glock or something you can trust.

Worst trigger I ever pulled and it's a Colt!

And are they going to service it?

Go ahead and throw your money away.

I got one for $525, NIB, locally in Atlanta. And, as posted above new factory mags from Brownells $26.76 ea. I am still trying to get used to the trigger and am shooting 124gr +P ammo from GA Arms (both their reloads and new Gold Dot defensive ammo - with no problems). Though, I am considering a SM&A PCP job - currently I have a Mustang Pocketlite in work and will decide when I get it back.

As for service, I sent a used steel mustang to colt (this last summer) and they replaced a broken / bent ejector for free. Now that's service!

-- Chuck

I have had one since they first came out and love it. Lots of firepower in a small package. The trigger is bad , but I feel comfortable carring with one in the chamber and the gun is made for close in work anyway.

Later
Daren

I bought one and really like it. With Winchester silvertips 115 gr it shot beautifully. I was able to group around 3 inches at 25 feet, two hand hold. The trigger will pinch your finger if put too much finger on the trigger.

The general sentiment seems to be that the trigger is extremely heavy. Has anyone changed the mainspring to alleviate this?

Before I bought my MK9 (and thus acquired the moniker :)), I was looking at one of these pretty seriously. The size and caliber were right, but I thought it was pretty spendy for what you get. Plus, the trigger pinched my finger while dry-firing. No sale, thank you very much! :P

I really liked the rubber grips they had on it, though. Too bad I haven't been able to find anything like that for my Kahr.

Greg G.
I saw you message on Brownells having the Pocket nine magazine. I searched thier wb page high and low but did not see any. Can you give me a page# in thier catalog? Wolfz

Wolfz,
I heard about them on another board and called Brownell's. The lady that took my call was unaware that they had them, but after talking to a supervisor, she confirmed thay they had them and shipped me three new mags for around $27 a piece.

Back