Colt Pocket Nine accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

acp in AL

Inactive
I think my Pocket Nine shoots low, however, it could be me since the trigger on this gun sux. I've had better triggers on staple guns.

Has anyone else had similar problems? The gun shoots about 3" low at 7 yards.

BTW-I bought it before Colts screwed us.

I bought my pocket nine before Colt knuckled under too. However I really like the gun. I plan on getting a trigger job ASAP! Ya the trigger is pretty stout! My pocket nine shoots a hair high, 1 inch or so.(this doesn't bother me) However it does shoot about 3 inches to the right, which bugs me. I need to get a sight vise so that I can correct this.

Later
Daren

I imagine it throws well, like most Colts, but just to test it, mark off a spot on the wall and see how close it comes with each toss.

I learned my lesson with a Colt Pocketlite that I sold to a gun store after sending it to Colt and two gunsmiths in an unsuccessful attempt to improve its mediocre reliability (every one of them found something that needed fixing---none of them solved the problem). But I couldn't resist the idea of a 9mm which was truly the size and weight of a .380, so I sampled the Pocket 9. A few pulls on that horrific trigger (creep and stacking beyond belief!) cured me. I phoned Colt to inquire if there was any possibility of a trigger job. They said they wouldn't do it, and that if I had one done privately, it would void their lifetime warranty. Thanks Colt, and, incidentally, good riddance!

I also own a Colt Pocket 9mm. I use it as an off duty weapon. I am very pleased with this little gun, with the exception of the stiff trigger pull. Keep one thing in mind about this firearm, The gun is obviously designed for easy concealment and personal protection (it's not a "beer can plinker"). I don't really think it's a bad idea to have a stiff trigger on a gun like this. When and if the need ever arises to use the gun in an emergency situation, you won't even notice the stiff trigger pull (TRUST ME, I KNOW). The stiff trigger also prevents the gun from discharging when in the hands of terrified people who are not thoroughly trained to "keep your finger off the trigger until your ready to SHOOT"!!!!! I carry this gun in my pocket (like the name states) and I am somewhat thankful of the stiff/long trigger pull. One last thing... mine shoots a few inches to the right, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back