Colt Peacekeeper Value?

Spats McGee

Administrator
Revolver gurus, I need your guidance. I've always said that I don't keep safe queens, and that's what I thought . . . . until I really got to thinking about what I have and what I want. I realized that there's this one pistol that I've always hung onto, but, really, I almost never shoot it. A Colt Peacekeeper, with a 4" barrel. My understanding is that it is a Mark V Trooper that was built during a time when some Colt workers were on strike. In order to get pistols to the market, Colt parkerized a whole bunch of Troopers and called them Peacekeepers. As soon as the strike was over, the Peacekeeper faded away.

I've had it since ~1986, and the round count since I've owned it is easily still in double digits. It's a nice pistol, with a good trigger, but I always seemed to have something else that I wanted to shoot more, so this one just stayed on the shelf for 30 years. It's also been exceedingly rare that I've seen one with the 4" barrel. Most all of them seem to have 6" barrels.

I've searched the web, checked gunbroker, and just about every site I can come up with that looks reasonably reliable. I'm seeing prices of ~$600 from 10 years ago to somewhere around $2500 in current listings. Anybody care to offer me some guidance on what this thing might be worth?

Do you have the box and everything with it?

No box and 95%+ condition I'd say $700ish street value. Auction value though can get $1k+ just because Colts are still hot.

I'd say Siggy-06 is on target with his estimate. I remember when those came out, I was an a USAF SP, they nicknamed us Peacekeepers, I always wanted one of those revolvers because of the name but never got around to buying one.

Had a nice four inch but traded it because I hated the matte finish at the time. Now regret it but can't bring myself to pay the collector premium anything with the Colt name commands.

Thank you all for your input. You've largely confirmed what my research showed: It's more valuable than a Jimenez, and less valuable than a Python.

Back