Colt New Frontier .22 Cal. Question

Randy63

Hello All,
Did all of the 80's production Colt New Frontier 22's originally come with both the 22 lr and 22 magnum cylinders.

Thanks in Advance,

Randy

My Bluebook says New Frontier .22 was reintrduced in '82 and disc. in '86. Flat top with adj. sites. Sound like your gun? If so they came without second cylinder. Earlier "Frontier Scouts" and " Peacemaker" .22's came with second cylinder.

Last edited:
Hey Popeye,
I don't own this gun but there's one for sale locally with the 22lr cylinder LNIB for $350. Does anyone here own one of these? Are they accurate? Are they well built?

Thanks,
Randy

My sister has one. In my experience, it has proven extremely reliable, as accurate as it's dimensions allow, and a whole lot of fun to shoot. I can't comment on price. It was given to her by a friend for her birthday (came with a nice custom holster with her name on it).

Randy63

If you can get it at a good price, get it. It's lot's of fun. Years ago I had one with a 4" and a bit bbl. It was a well balanced well proportioned gun. I kept loosing the cylinder pin retaining screw and it was a pain to replace (should have loc-tied it) use to break the main spring too (through dry firing) but it was one of the best-balanced guns I ever had. I now have a Ruger Single-Six, not the same thing.

Back