Colt National Match

Benton Quest

My dad just picked up a mint national match .45 auto, serial number 17XXX NM. Any idea on where I could find the date of manufacter? It's the series that looks just like the Gold Cup but is Pre-Series 70.

We're thinking of having it nickled for a more "flashy" appearance.....JUST KIDDING.

Any info would be greatly apprecitated

God, Benton, don't say things like that? Nickle plate, aat least that got my heart rate up. LOL

As to when it was manufactured, I don't know.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

Check that SN again for me. I thought the NM guns were part of the standard run, and if so the number you gave 1) should have a 'C' in front of it and 2) would have been made early in 1915. See if you have enough 'X' placed behind the 17 and check for a 'C' and its placement.

AFAIK, all the NMs were numbered in their own series, not in the "C" series. Prior to 1970, they had the NM suffix (12345NM) and then were numbered 70N12345. My sources show that gun made in 1966.

Don't nickel plate it; shiny chrome with inset rhinestones will look better.

Jim

In addition to the chromium plating and rhinestone studded grips, I think you will want to have the front sight moved to the side of the slide so you can shoot it sideways.

You might also have it engraved with some gang signs.

marsh

[This message has been edited by marsh (edited December 25, 1999).]

Back