Colt mustang Pocketlight

cobraman

The local range has a used Mustang with 2 mags for sale for 450. Good price? I am thinking about trading my beretta tomcat towards the mustang. Opinions?

Thanks
Matt

Last Fall I got one off of Gunbroker.com for $405, LNIB it had maybe 100 rounds through it, 2 mags, box and manual. The price for these seems to be holding steady in the mid 400's.

-- Chuck

All the ones I've seen locally are in the $500 range. The $450 price sounds very reasonable. I have had one for several years. A great little pistol.

I had one that was terribly inaccurate. But it had been pretty heavily used. I traded it in after 2 weeks.

Great design, though.

Is it a Mustang in all steel or a Mustang Pocketlite?

I bought an all steel Mustang for 350 about a year ago, used but in great shape.

A Mustang Pocketlite in good shape at 450 is not a bad deal.

It will definitely shoot with less recoil than your beretta.

Well I eased on down to the Range today and did some shooting and haggling. Colt Mustang Pocketlite and two mags for 415. nice little gun!

I bought an all stainless Mustang LNIB for $350 with 1 mag, and had SM&A do a PCP package on it. I also had them mill of the sights (a.k.a. Seecamp on steroids). They do an exellent job at dehorning the gun. Not a single edge left. It looks like it ras made of ice and mow starting to melt.
Since I had all the plastic parts replaced by sainless steel ones, the total cost came to be $400. Now I am in posession of $750 Mustang :)
The thing works like a dream!
I carry mine in the Thunderware.

A question for fellow colt 380 owners. I have a gov. 380. Great gun, but I have noticed that the barrel locking lugs are slightly peened and raising a slight lip. It was recommend to me to get a good smith to change the barrel link etc, but I am not sure how much I want to spend on it.

Anyway, do you all have the same problem and is SM&A still the recommended gunsmith for 380 colts?

Thanks

About a thousand years ago...

..a Colt Mustang Pocketlite was my very first carry pistol after I obtained my CCDW. This was a long time ago, but I got it for $375.00. I liked the looks and the gun store owner carried one as his "personal" concealed carry pistol. I still use it sometimes for "summer carry" in one of M/D Enterprises excellent BS-2's. It hides very well under just a T-shirt.
Other than one "dud", it's never had a misfire. The only trouble I've ever had was right at the start. The mag release wasn't tight enough and sometimes the mag ejected when it wasn't supposed to. I sent it back to Colt and it was back in my hands in under two weeks. My Mustang Pocketlite is a great little pistol, and the one I choose for hip pouch carry. (12.5 ounces!) It's light enough that I can carry an extra mag, Spyderco "Delica", and a small Tekna flashlight in my Galco pouch. At the last Louisville gun show, I saw a NIB Mustang Pocketlte going for $650.00!

Kentucky Rifle

Back