Colt Model 6450

Glock 269

Looking to purchase a Colt model 6450 9mm carbine. I had used the Colt model 635 sub machine gun when I was on the SWAT Team and loved it. But I cannot afford it. I'm also looking at the Rock River Arms equivalent. Any information on these would greatly be appreciated. Thanks Pete.

The 6450 is a title 1 firearm not regulated by the NFA. 16" barrel, sliding stock, etc. It is a 9mm AR-15. What do you want to know?

I had an RRA 9mm CAR-A2 that was a hunk of junk. It went back to the factory twice with problems, but still never ran well.

With original Colt mags (old stock metalform-made mags, not the cheezeball new C-Products mags) and a few scarce and expensive varieties of ammunition (strictly +P name-brand stuff), I only had around one stoppage per two magazines or so. That wasn't cutting the mustard for me.

I sold it and bought a Colt (not 9mm, regular 6920) and could not be happier with the tradeoff.

Personally, I've given up on the whole pistol-caliber carbine concept, but if you must, GO WITH THE COLT.

Ive bult my 9mm ARs from the ground up, RRA and Tros Barrels, I always use a Hahn Prec. perm Block and a RRA bolt with real Steel Colt Mags and Steel Followers. Not Cheap but they run %100.

Both 6450 and 635 are great guns. Love them.

EdsColtSMG635leftsidewithM2sight2.jpg

Back