colt mk IV series 80

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-wheel

Ihave a chance to buy a colt c.c.o.1911-45 cal,im not very knowlageble about 1911 type pistols.its never been fired,still in box,two mags,$500.00 bucks--is it a good buy?

Sounds like a good deal. I bought a new Colt CCO (brushed stainless slide), aluminum frame (brushed stainless appearance, not blue), and wood double-diamond grips with two mags for $590. Not a wonderful deal, but I wanted that gun! Shoots like a dream. I have fired 230 grain Federal Hydrashoks, 185 grain Winchester Silvertips, and 230 grain hardball through it with zero problems. The gun is more accurate than I am. Trigger pull is sweet. Fully loaded with 7 rounds in the magazine and 1 in the chamber this gun weighs in at 32 ounces. Recoil is more noticeable than with an all steel M1911, but it comes back on target fast. Ejection is very positive and never in my face or on top of my head. Feels great in the hand and points naturally. The CCO makes great sense for concealed carry if the M1911 system is your bag. Happy shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back