Colt Mfg. 1927 .45

dinosaur

CDNN has arsenal refinished Argentine contract Model 27`s with matching slides and frames for $400, $50 more for select. Serial #`s below 10,000. These are USA manufacture. One 7 rd mag. Good deal?

These are quality guns, made to the high Colt standard of the '20s and '30s. Depends upon what you want... Their main value is to a collector, and refinished, that value is diminished. Should be a great shooter, if close to original in fit and finish (and no significant wear).

On the other hand, I shot a fresh out of the box Colt at the range the other day. The owner had picked it up at a gun show for $475.

I was pleasantly surprised by its very good accuracy and its surprisingly good trigger.

I don't know which route I'd go, given the choice of the two. Maybe the 1927, but that sucker is HEAVY!

I just got one of these 1927 Colts and it is in fantastic condtion. Bore is like new, finish is 99%, nice and tight. I did kick in the extra $50 for select. I would highly recommend one, they are a real bargain. These are genuine US of A built Colts, quality prewar workmanship. A keeper.

Back