Colt Light Rifle

Flashman

At the 99 Shot Show Colt announced a new rifle closely patterned after Melvin Forbes' Ultra Light Arms rifle. Colt recently purchased ULA and another small gun manufacturer. It is using Forbes' design, his stock and having the other new aquisition make the barrelled actions. The only review I have read by David Petzel indicates it is as accurate as the $2500 custom ULA and not noticeable different in other respects even though it retails for $640. This is rather hard to believe. Has anyone seen or used one of these rifles. Any comments?

I saw it and I held it. It was LIGHT. The finish was not too shabby and the action and trigger were nice as well.

I haven't heard about availability or actual price onthe street, but it seem slike Colt was saying that they would be out in time for this fall's hunting season.

The reports are that it's great, and the suggested retail is (arbitrarily enough) $607. You're bound to find it cheaper than that. I'm very interested, myself, but I haven't gotten to handle one.

Back