Colt Light Rifle--a mirage

Flashman

The Colt Light Rifle was to come out this year but is still nonexistent. In fact, Colt still hasn't published a 2000 catalog. What is the story. They have said the CLR will be available in time for hunting season; however, for me, that is now. It takes a while to set up a rifle with bases and rings and a scope, etc, and then a lot of shooting practice and developing loads. I wonder if this means Colt really is in trouble. Has anyone heard any different?

Don't look for any new guns from Colt, now or ever. Everything I read and hear indicates that they are toast. A local dealer here in NC says Colt is not even shipping anymore, except for Custom Shop guns.

Actually Colt purchased Ultra light Arms in Morgantown, WestVirginia and that's where the Colt light rifles are being made. The rifles displayed at the Shot Show where prototype models for testing, not production guns.

BTW Colt will also be offering a custom rifle the Ultra Light Signature Series.

Magnum Man

magnum man has been in a cave for the last few months.colt has only 6 of the 600 workers left on staff and is shipping nothing but cowboy guns.they are flat broke.th ey are paying off all their advertising bills with what little guns they do have.some of the big distributors that loaned them money are in fact getting a few guns in to help pay back their loans but they to are comlaining that they will never see all their money back.when colt says that their guns are collectables they are correct.they are all collectable and no more new guns will come out.i hope this is this last thread on this subject.its getting kinda boring.

What is the Colt Light Rifle? Is there a pic of this thing out there? Any info would be appreciated!

In March 1999 Colt purchased Ultra light arms and a couple months later Saco Defense Inc. to form a holding company, Colt Rifles Inc. The purpose of this company was to build light hunting rifles. Saco produced the barreled actions and ULA were going to make the stocks, assemble, and ship the rifles. They were supposed to be available at the beginning of 2000, but as of yet they are not currently available.

Magnum Man

Back