Colt Lawman MKIII value?

Mikef262

Hello,

I recently dug into the safe and remembered I had a Colt Lawman MKIII. It has a four inch barrel, blued, and original wood grips. I realized I haven't taken this gun out in well over two or three years, so I have decided I want to sell it to buy something I will be more prone to using. I paid $600 for it a few years ago at a gun show.

The only wear in it is on the butt of the gun on the grips. They appear to have been rounded slightly, but the wood finish remains. There is also some bluing wear on the crown of the muzzle, but other than that there is nothing else worn.

I have gone around and asked people if they want to buy it, and they either decline or say the $600 I am asking is too much. I don't believe I overpaid for it, and am simply wanting what I paid for it back out of it. Did I overpay back then at $600? Or am I just not finding the right buyer? I will try to upload some pictures later when i have a chance.

Gunbroker prices for guns that have actually sold are between $450 and $600.00
The guns that have 2" barrels, snubbies, sell for $600-700 and the 4" barrels are around $500. NIB guns go for $100 more with the box.

I had a 6" SS MKIII I bought in the early 90's at Kittery Trading Post, used, for $175.00 or $185.00, somewhere in that price range. My brain... too many guns... too much age.. LOL! Nice gun. Wish I kept it, but S&W's are my preferred wheelgun. $600.00 sounds about right to me in 2018, given the current interest in Colts. That Colt bluing is amazing. If I were you, I would hang onto it.

Back