Colt has abandoned the US citizens for ????

UZI4U

We have been abandoned for government sales. How long does Colt thinks it can survive without us (the US citizen)? A government not at war isn't going to rush out and purchase new guns everyday. Given the fact that Colt charges an arm and a leg for their products I don't see foreign governments knocking down their doors to buy guns. What in the world was Colt thinking of when it abandoned us. The anti gun lobby is still going to hunt Colt down and kill it no matter if Colt stops selling to us or not. I never purchased a Colt but looked forward to owning an American Classic. My heart is heavy. I feel like America lost something special. This is just the begining. First we will lose our 2nd amendment rights. Then...

Colt still sells guns to civilians. You may find some models in short supply for the next 6 months while the layoffs are in progress. I do not think that $349 was as arm and a leg for a 1991A1, but that model has been discontinued along with the other low profit margin guns and now only the moderate to high dollar guns will be produced with their associated profitable margins. After the rush to by everything on the shelf subsides you can look forward to still seeing Colt's for sale, though some companies make better comparable products IMHO.

I am sure Zilkha would sell you the company and you can run it the way you want however unprofitable that may be. I think he paid $40,000,000 about 5 years ago. Operate a company at a loss and it doesn't take too long to go out of business.

I heard that the 1991's and the Colt Target AR were still going to be made available to citizens. Does anyone know for sure what the deal is?

Match Targets are still being made, now after Jan 1, if demand drops, that may change. The Whole 1991A1 series is dropped, all Model O's are still made.

We had a similar discussion about the state of Colt (someone look up the Iraqi word for that) on HK-L. Something definitely disturbing about a non-US citizen of a country basically at conflict with the US owning a US arms company.

That they are buying it at a loss makes it even more than disturbing, it makes it insulting.

Almost sounds conspiritorial, no? An Iraqi buys a faltering US Arms company already under heavy criticism at a loss to ensure its death. Could this be just coincidence?

Hmmmmmmm...

Back