Colt Grizzly?

comn-cents

Anyone have one?(pics) I had a chance to buy one 20 years or so a go and passed. It's one of the few guns I wish I would have bought.

They're out there, but they are not cheap. Good luck on the hunt. Some day you'll find one.

dathreebears.jpg

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

Leave it to you to have 3 of them Jeff! Other than the roll mark(s) how does a Grizzly differ from their stock Colt bretheren Anaconda & King Cobra?

Other than the paw print roll marks, all Kodiaks & Grizzly's are magnaported, have unfluted cylinders and different grip medallions than standard Colt grips.
The Kodiak came in a 4 inch and 6 inch barrel and is basically a 44 magnum Anaconda with the above noted changes.
I think the Grizzly has only been found with a 6 inch barrel (I don't recall seeing a 4 incher) and is basically a 357 magnum King Cobra with the above noted changes and a Vent rib barrel which is very uncommon on the King Cobra.

kodiakbarrel.jpg

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

Colt made 1000 of them 1/2 were 4" the other 6".
They are a king cobra frame with a python brl that is ported like someone said before and the unflutted cylinder.

WOW you have 2 of 500 6".

I've never seen a 4 inch Grizzly, just the Kodiak.
Have you ever actually seen a 4 inch Grizzly ?

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

GUNKWAZY

I haven't seen a four inch. I remember when they came out, Colt said they were going to make the 4" & 6". Then I read later that they split production between the two.

My Colt Grizzly

Here are a few photos of my Colt Grizzly! And, I still can't believe I'd found this Grizzly here in Kalifornia!:rolleyes:: This is a very low serial number of CGZ027!
P1050056.jpg

P1050057.jpg

P1050053.jpg

P1050054.jpg

P1050059.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not generally a revolver coveting kind of guy, but those are some nice wheelguns. A friend "came into" a mint, blued, 8" Trooper, and I sort of thought how nice it would look in my safe, in my hand, etc. When I found out he'd got $300 trade-in value on it at a local gun store, I could have shot myself! If I took my glasses off, it looked like a Python, and $300!!!!!

Your friend got a bad deal!

RickB:

Yes, your friend got ripped-off! That's a cryin shame too! If his Colt Trooper truly was NIB he could have sold it easily for more money than just $300!:eek:

Colt Grizzly

Hey i'm new to this, but is there a good way to find a colt grizzly for sale? it doesnt have to be mint i want to shoot it and have fun with it. and what would i be looking to spend? GUNKWAZY would you be interested in selling one of yours? if you could help i'd greatly appreciate it. my e-mail is spartanii0117@gmail.com

The grizzlies are basically limited run magnaported versions of their
other revolvers. Collectors have driven up the price of most Colt revolvers. If you want a gun to actually use for bear, a Redhawk or Super Redhawk would be a better choice. Also, this thread was over 2 years old. Next time PM the people you're question rather than bringing back an archaic thread. GUNKWAZY still mists on here. The other names I don't recognize as being very active members anymore. Lastly, have you tried gunbroker?

Hello! My name is Sevens and I live under a rock!

How the heck does it keep happening to me... usually here on TFL... someone rolls out a conversation on some gun that I've never even heard of!

How?! I've been a certified (certifiable?) gun nut for 23+ years.

Never, ever EVER until 3 minutes ago had I ever heard of a Colt Grizzly or Kodiak.

Actually, the last time this happened it was another dang Colt wheelgun, that ugly duck the Peacekeeper.

Back