Colt Gold Cup

shooter.45

I might have the chance to buy one from a buddy of mine. Its used in great shape Blued about 300 rounds thru it has box. And is about 4 yrs old. what do you think a good price would be He told me to name a price! :D I am thinking about telling him 450 - 500 ??

Hello shooter.45:

Partner, if you can buy a Colt Gold Cup for the price you
mentioned; by all means GRAB IT!!!:D:) The gun may very
well be worth twice that amount; especially if it's a
series 70 Gold Cup National Match, in good shape!!!:eek:

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

If it's only 4 years old it's undoubtedly a series 80. Not as nice as a series 70, but that would still be a steal.

I bought a series 80 Gold Cup from a co-worker several years ago for $500. He set the price and I took the deal.

Neil Casper

Back in the 70's, my father bought a Gold Cup for an urban friend of mine. (Yep, probably was a strawman purchase) Around ten years ago, the friend called me and said that he still had the pistol in its original box, in plastic and had never fired it. He also wanted to know if I wanted it for $350.

I fired one mag through the pistol and it's sitting in my safe. I'd guess that it's worth more than $350 now.

WalterGAII, Shame on you my friend; you ought to send that ole' Gold Cup next door to me, as I would certainly put it
to good use.:D After all, I'm sure it feels lonely in that
old, dark safe with all those other "work-horses".:) You
didn't buy that relic; you STOLE it!!!:D:) Just kidding!!!

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

Back